Kalahni Rose
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 09:42 PM
Townfolk
Being Evasive with her Feelings
Punchy

Elyssa
203 Posts
Kalahni Rose
Feels like pins and needles in my heart. So long, I can feel it tearing me apart...

The days varied from warm to cool here in Riverview lately. It was like a see-saw on a playground, up and down and no telling where it would stop for a few days. Lahni was enjoying the cool air outside with the windows rolled down in car with a cherry-filled iced donut in her hand, taking small bites to make it last. Jake had a similar donut, and the two of them chit chatted until something came over the radio telling them they had to go question someone in connection with the recent burst of graffiti that had come over the town like a tidal wave.

Not just any graffiti, but really magnificent paintings on the sides of buildings that cropped up overnight with no witnesses. Some people painted over them as soon as possible. Others enjoyed the look on their building, like Doc, the diner owner. He actually thanked the graffiti artist in the paper, telling them it was great work and he appreciated the paint job. Lahni got a kick out of that, when she read it in the ad section.

Now they were off to question Greyson Decker. Not something Lahni was looking forward to. The eldest Decker brother was sniffing around her twin, trying to worm his way into her heart, and Lahni wanted to punch him every time she saw him. Travis, the middle Decker, was dating her friend Sera and he was a dickhead who thought he was big shit because he was in the army. Kalahni hadn't met the third Decker brother but she figured if he was anything like the others she didn't want to meet him.

“This guy's probably got a latte machine and a scarf around his neck, and manicured nails. Artists, what a stuck up bunch of pricks jerking off over each other.” Lahni muttered, as she finished her donut. Jake started laughing and almost choked on his, as they drove down the street out of town towards the river where Greyson Decker had a cabin and a workshop studio. Jake smirked and said "You have no idea, Lahni. No idea what we're getting into."

Pulling up to the cabin, Lahni noticed that there was a big trashy barn out to the side of the property. “Surely that's not where he works, is it?” She asked, and Jake smiled. “You really are going to be eating your words about Greyson. I'm saving it so I can see the look on your face.” Lahni frowned. “What do you mean?” Jake got out of the car and started walking up to the cabin. “You'll see.” Lahni followed and knocked on the door, waiting for a bit. Not getting an answer but seeing a vehicle in the driveway, Lahni started towards the barn. “Maybe he's out here.”

She avoided the shitty scraps of metal that was everywhere around the barn and she proceeded to knock on the door, then stepped inside, hearing noise. “Mr. Decker? I'm Officer Lahni Rose, this is my partner Jake Talon. I'd like to ask you a few questions if it's not a bad time for you.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
EMAIL
^
Greyson Cole Decker
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 10:06 PM
Townfolk
N/A
N/A
N/A

N/A
2 Posts

It was warm for this time of year. It had been an unusual spurts of warm and cold days intermixed throughout this winter. It had not been so bad for Cole, He would work in either weather and be just fine. Though it was nicer when he worked with the blow torch when it was cold outside. That didn't stop him from working on his projects. Currently he had a large torso of a metallic horse hanging from the rafters on hoists.

He was trying to get the height just right before he attached the legs. He had a welding mask secure over his face as he welded a one of the four legs to the torso. The head still in pieces laying on a large wooden table. There were huge warehouse quality caged lights hanging from the ceiling lighting up his work space. There were buckets filled with bolts and nuts on the floor, several pieces of scrap metal in large piles shoved in into the corner of the barn.

Cole had been in the middle of securing the back leg of the horse to the platform it would stand on when he heard the door open. He didn't bother turning around just yet. He let the officer speak while he finished what he was doing so the leg wouldn't fall over while he dealt with whatever it was they wanted.

It could be a number of things. Cole had a record with the police department in just about every small town from here to Dallas. Once he finished welding the leg, Cole placed the welding tool on the floor and stood up. He wore a pair of blue jeans, a pair of boots and that was about it aside from the mask and protective gloves.

Pulling off his gloves, Cole tossed them aside before pulling off the mask. "If that prick, Terrance, is complaining about that little incident last week, he fucking asked for it and I regret nothing." Cole sounded off as he dropped the mask in the pile before turning around to face the officers. His eyes went first to the woman and a small smirk crossed his features unintentionally. She was gorgeous. His gaze then moved to the other officer, recognizing that one. He gave Jake a small node before going to the large wooden table and lifted up a pack of cigarettes. He tapped the pack into the palm of his hand before pulling one out and quickly lit it up with a little silver flick lighter.

He took a slow drag before blowing out a line of smoke into the air. "I didn't break anything he really needed anyway. Not like he uses that needle dick for anything more than playing with himself."

COLE'S POLYVORE
PM
EMAIL
^
Kalahni Rose
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 10:21 PM
Townfolk
Punchy

Elyssa
203 Posts
Kalahni Rose
Feels like pins and needles in my heart. So long, I can feel it tearing me apart...

Lahni saw a shirtless man with a welding mask and gloves on, working on something that looked like.....a horse? It was incredible, already, and it wasn't even finished yet. Lahni eyed the muscles in the man's back and the large tattoo he had there. She raised an eyebrow in appreciation, looking at the man and not being able to take her eyes from him. Jake leaned over and waved his hand in front of her face and chuckled, whispering “Told you. Now easy girl, we're here for business.” Lahni punched him in the shoulder and told him to shut the fuck up in a low voice, before addressing the man again.

“No, Mr. Decker, we're not here about your run in with the alleged needle dick.” She smirked and waited for him to light up his cigarette. Jake took over for a moment, trying to remain professional and not razz Lahni too hard in front of Decker. “We're here about the graffiti in town. We need your professional opinion on it, hopefully you can help us out a little.”

Lahni pulled out her phone and walked up to Greyson, bringing up pictures of the artwork on the buildings. She and her sister were arm in arm in most of these pictures, two identical peas in a pod. “Here are some of the works, just in case you aren't familiar with them. Do they have a certain style you recognize, or can you tell us anything about the materials that might've gone into making them?” She gave a half smile. “Anything you could tell us would be helpful, really.”

She handed Greyson the phone, so he could flip through the pictures himself. "Don't mind our mugs blocking the artwork. Kaliah and I get our picture taken with them while they're still up. It's our thing." She and her twin sister did a lot of things together. This was the latest fad and Kaliah and Kalahni always had Sera take their picture in front of them.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
EMAIL
^
Greyson Cole Decker
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 10:44 PM
Townfolk
N/A
N/A
N/A

N/A
2 Posts

Decker eyed the officers a moment when they explained what they were here for. The murals. Interesting. Was he a suspect? Not that it mattered. What were they going to do? Give him a fine? He probably had more than enough money in his savings to afford it if they figured it out. But that would take way his anonymity and that was something he desired in this town. Outside this small town he was known for his sculptures. He had been featured in art museums and in several studios in New York.

Here, he was Travis and Bradley's screw up little brother. Not that anyone in this podunk town would have picked up a times magazine except to use it as toilet paper. Even his own family were convinced he was wasting his time playing with toys and not going to get far with his shitty sculptures. Every family dinner ended the same way, mother and father doting Travis and Bradley and then making a point to criticize Greyson's life choices.

Cole leaned back against the table as the female officer that announced herself as Lahni handed him her phone. He let his fingers make contact with hers for a moment. He made eye contact with her giving her a slightly flirty look before shifting his gaze to the phone. He swiped the screen with his thumb looking over his handy work. "Not sure what you guys expect me to tell you. I've seen a few in Dallas. Looks like acrylic spray paint. Fucking hard to wash off. I avoid the shit if I can. Besides. I'm a sculptor. Not a painter. There's about a thousand people within a fifty mile radius that could pull something like this off and unless you got some new artists that moved into town, doubt it was someone from around here."

Handing the phone back to Officer Rose, Cole gave them a slight shrug. "You should put a call into the local colleges and talk to the art departments. I'm sure they could tell you more about the work than I could. I got a number to the dean of the art department at UTA if you want."
PM
EMAIL
^
Kalahni Rose
 Posted: Mar 1 2015, 10:58 PM
Townfolk
Punchy

Elyssa
203 Posts
Kalahni Rose

Lahni felt like a shock went through her when the man's fingers brushed hers. Her eyes quickly went to his and they opened slightly wider when he gave her a flirty look. Was this handsome man actually flirting with her? Like seriously flirting with her or was he making fun of her? Lahni tried to focus on the work and watched him flip through the phone. Three or four murals had already popped up and more were likely to come.

"Acrylic spray paint, thank you. We can look around for someone buying a lot of that, or deliveries made around here that contained paint like that." Lahni gave him a look of thanks and when he said he saw some in Dallas, Lahni nodded. "Big cities have them all over. Where I lived in Vegas had them on most of the buildings. Then again, it made the buildings look better for the most part."

She took her phone back and nodded when Greyson asked if she'd like the number for the Dean of Art. "Yes, that would be helpful, thank you." Jake took it down, putting it in his own phone, and then looked around. "That horse is coming along nicely since the last time I was out here. That the one for the McCallens?" Lahni looked up at the horse and smiled. "It's beautiful, already. It must be really fulfilling to make things like that."

"Mind if I look around for a bit? Not that you're a suspect, I just want to see more of your work." Lahni raised her eyes hopefully and tilted her head to one side. "Do you have a lot of other statues? I'd get a cat made for Kaliah but I don't have that much cash laying around. Not the kind it would take for a statue, anyway." She looked away and her eyes drifted around the barn studio, wanting to see more art. She was a guitar player, herself, not an artist of any kind. It was interesting to her to see the things people made.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
EMAIL
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS
FAST REPLY
NEW POLL

skin by panic! its lauz of caution & atf.